How to Protect Car from Hail Damage
“Expect wind gusts up to 70 mph. Tennis-ball-size hail is possible. The threat of more tornado activity is also possible.”
More than likely, you have heard an announcement such as this from your local news station.
The Paintless Dent Repair specialists at IntelliDent offer this advice for keeping your vehicle protected from being damaged by hail. As always, your first concern should always be to protect YOURSELF first. NEVER cover your vehicle with your body.
- Purchase a hail protection “Car Cover”or a “Hail Blanket.”
- If hail is in the forecast, pull your vehicles into the garage, covered parking lot or other substantial covering.
- If you do not have a garage or have access to a covered parking area, consider covering the vehicle with some thick blankets. Sleeping bags, comforters, etc.
- If driving in a hail storm, look for a covered place like a garage or under an overpass. If the hailstones are in ANY way impairing your ability to drive safely, pull your vehicle over and protect your head and face by staying away from the windows.
What to do AFTER your car has been damaged by hail.
- If you are afraid your insurance will be effected by submitting a claim for hail damage, don’t be. As long as you have comprehensive coverage on your automobiles insurance policy, hail damage is a covered as an “Act of God”.
- Contact your insurance agent. In most cases, your agent will submit the claim on your behalf.
- Your insurance company will send an adjuster to give you an estimation of the cost to repair the hail damage on your vehicle. Make sure your vehicle is NOT parked in direct sunlight as the dents will be harder to spot.
- Call one of the IntelliDent locations near you or schedule your appointment online and we will send out an IntelliDent Paintless Dent Repair customer service technicians that will inspect your automobile for FREE and provide you with an estimation.
- Once IntelliDent repairs your vehicle, check thoroughly to make sure all of the hail dents are gone.
- IntelliDent Paintless Dent Repair guarantees their work and offers a “Limited Lifetime Warranty” with every vehicle they repair. No matter WHO you decide to go with to remove the hail damage from your car, be sure to get a guarantee. If you leave the shop and notice a flaw in your vehicle’s repair, it should be fixed at no additional cost to you.